welcome

wonder what new things baby pix has to offer? want a peek from recent photo sessions? need some photography tips for your next special occasion? looking for an excuse to put off doing laundry just a little bit longer? then please, sit down, put your feet up, declare "mommy recess time" and explore the blog.
want to see more? check out the baby pix photography website.
_______________________________________________________________________________

MY 40TH BIRTHDAY {asheville baby photographer}

Sunday, October 28, 2012


(FYI this is Stacey not Dawn writing this post.  I figured this one had to be more real and come straight from the source.)  

Turning 40 has been difficult for me.  I was fine with 30, but 40 with deeper wrinkles, a mind that is becoming more forgetful, a knee that makes weird noises as I go up and down the stairs and a weaker bladder (thanks to kids), I'm feeling anxious about what else is going to start wearing out.  My mind jumped to, "In 10 years when I'm 50, will I still be able to get lay on the floor to get that perfect new crawler shot and be able to get back up again without a client helping me up?!!!"  I know this probably sounds ridiculous and 50 year olds may read this and laugh at me, but it is a fear of mine.   At this moment (40 years & 17 days), I am doing better with the idea that I'm getting older.  With age comes wisdom, right?  I would much rather be wise than young.

OK, moving on.  I want to share how I celebrated my 40th!

My husband Fred & I were able to get away for a few day to explore Washington, D.C.  A place neither of us had ever been to.  What a beautiful drive through the North Carolina & Virginia mountains.  The leaves were blazing with color!  

Thanks to a dear friend who surprised us by using her Hyatt points, we were able to stay at a fabulous hotel with a bed, couch & TV all larger than our own!  Plus a gourmet breakfast that I didn't have to cook each morning!  In DC, we explored the Smithsonian's National History Museum, National Gallery of Art, walked around the National Mall, the Capitol & the White House.  With only 2 full days to explore, we barely even scratched the surface.  We also walked around historic Georgetown and toured George Washington's home, Mt. Vernon.  This was probably our favorite place.  To see the very chair he sat in when he was president, to see the things he built himself was just amazing.  I never knew how ingenious he was.  The movie that showed his great leadership and humility was inspiring.  The people wanted to make him king, but he wanted a democracy.  This is definitely a must see.

One last thing about our trip.  We LOVE good food and plan trips around tasting new things.  This trip we decided to find food trucks.  With the help of the Yelp app, we found where all the business people get their fast, affordable, gourmet lunches & desserts.  Let's just say AMAZING!!!!



Next week's blog:  November's special offer!

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 28, 2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Search This Blog