welcome

wonder what new things baby pix has to offer? want a peek from recent photo sessions? need some photography tips for your next special occasion? looking for an excuse to put off doing laundry just a little bit longer? then please, sit down, put your feet up, declare "mommy recess time" and explore the blog.
want to see more? check out the baby pix photography website.
_______________________________________________________________________________

My New Favorite Cookbook

Friday, May 28, 2010

I have discovered my new favorite cookbook.

It has hundreds of recipe alternatives to fattening restaurant meals.

Today I will just share the Chicken Fingers recipe. You have to get this book. I can't wait for next week to try more of the recipes.

Chicken Fingers with Chipotle-Honey
250 calories, 1.5g fat, 350 mg sodium
compared to Chili's Crispy Honey Chipotle Crispers
1,930 calories, 108g fat, 4,390 mg sodium
1 lb chicken tenders
salt and pepper to taste
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 cups Panko bread crumbs (don't substitute)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Chipotle pepper sauce (I used sriracha hot chili sauce - has a rooster on the bottle)
1 Tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken with S & P. Place egg whites in shallow bowl. Place panko crumbs on a plate and season those, too. Dip chicken into egg, then toss in crumbs, being sure to coat fully.
Place chicken on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until crumbs have browned and chicken is firm.
Combine the mustard, pepper sauce and honey mixture. Place in large bowl and toss chicken to coat. (I didn't coat it. I used the mixture as a dipping sauce.)
Please excuse the lack of spacing. I have spent 30 minutes trying to get it to post the way I am writing it but it seems to want to do its own thing. In fact, this sentence looks like this because it has no longer given me the font option. I'm thinking I don't like blogger.com.


So far, I have tried the Chicken Fingers with Chipotle-Honey p. 86, Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwich p. 128 and Blackened Fish Sandwich (with adjustments to ingredients I had on hand) p. 148.

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Friday, May 28, 2010 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Search This Blog